Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Oracle Dislikes Paramore

For those who do not know, Coldplay have a feature on their website which allows fans to ask direct questions to an entity known only as, "The Oracle". The Oracle then selects several questions and answers them.

Recently, a question about Paramore was asked. This is how it went down;

October 21, 2009 - submitted by Enzo, Brazil

Q. Hi Oracle, are you familiar with Paramore? Because I recently listened to their new album and there is a song: The Only Exception. I think it is similar to the older Coldplay's songs. It's my opinion of course, others maybe won't find it similar. I also would like to ask you how close you are to Chris and the others?

The Oracle replies:

I am aware of Paramore and also the track you mention. As it starts with an acoustic guitar being strummed in a similar vein to Yellow I can see why you mention it. I think that's where the similarity ends if I'm honest.


As you can see from the bluntness of The Oracle' answer, he seems to dislike Paramore, rendering me helpless to say only this;

"Paramore are shit"

2 comments:

Mr James said...

From the oracles answer i can not come to the conclusion that Paramore are shit although personally i dont like them.

He/She/It said there were no similarities to Yellow, and not to Coldplay, doesn't mean their shit, just different.

Thats what i thought Oracle meant

Conor said...

I think i will cease following this blog until i can forgive you